Saturday 24 April 2010

the month the weather got better!! Hallelujah!!

Ah, the sun is shining and I'm still not up.  Am going to do my ironing in the garden today.  Before I have to drive all way to Lakeside, very big bone of contention.  Thing Two has been invited to a party and its a Build a Bear Party, there are about 7 guests and the party girl's mother is taking the bulk of them in her car - but not Thing Two!! Really hacked off, how did she decide which guests to take.  Then there is the car of Maddie, now bear in mind that I've had Maddie to tea and taken her to Brownies numerous time and have taken her to the circus and on day trip to London, but there's no room in that car either and even if there was I suspect Thing Two would not be welcome as something fishy going on and Maddies mother has decided that Maddie not allowed to play with thing two and I dont know why.  Then there is the car of Ryan, who I also took free of charge to circus, fed him and delivered him back to his doorstep, no room there either. Am trying to look on bright side and have come up with the following positives.
1 - I get to sit in party with mum who didn't take my child
2 - I get to spend money on petrol
3 - I get to spend at least an hour and a half in car whilst its sunny outside
4 - I get to go to Lakeside which I hate with a vengeance - Yay I can't wait.
But enough of my moaning....here's some hots.
Hot - Book fair, went with 2 work colleagues, didn't spot any celebs this year but bagged some lovely freebies including a tea towel.  Most amusing observation at book fair was seeing two grown men in suits sat discussing in earnest the rights (I'll assume) of a book they were both studying intensely.  Boot was entitled "Tilly and her ponies".  Don't know why I found it so funny, guess it just tickled me.
Hot was trip to Brighton with coach load of women. Wont call them ladies as once they all on coach all decorum vanished.  It was a lovely day but when we got there I was busting to get on beach but couldn't as friends wanted to a) go to pub and b) go shopping.  HAve to confess to getting really fed up and when the right moment came along I vanished and went to beach on own and sent them all texts saying "gone to gaze at sea".  Eventually they came and found me....so I happy with that.  Beach packed and very sunny so we went and sat in bar in the shade....aaaaagh.
Not hot - missed Happening at Hound by Fistfunk productions - gutted. Would have like to have had the day in Brighton and the night back in my hometown.
Very hot - I wallpapered and painted my bathroom. Wallpaper is gorgeous and I can't stop looking at it. See picture of duckegg blue paper with birds.
Also wallpapered my bedroom (once I get going there is no stopping me) bought simply sumptuous fabric from Laura Ashley and made panelled and fully lined curtains.  They really nice and match my wallpaper.  I am feeling very creative at the moment.
Not hot
Oakley has gone missing.  Oakley belongs to my friends Wayne and Whitney who live in Tennesse and Oakley is super lovely cat.  Am heartbroken for them.  Really hope he comes home very soon.
Not hot
My own cat, Lily is acting oddly, think she may have depression. She not speaking to me and when I pick her up she bats me one and escapes.  Have realised why she not as agile as other cats and why her coordination is so bad...basically she goes to jump up on things and usually misses and is constantly falling off things.  It's because she's only got half a tail...someone told me that the tail is what gives them balance. All makes sense now.  Anyway, cat misery guts, cat being bullied outside whenever it goes through cat flap.  All local cats are hench. Lily small and timid. Poor Lily.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment