Tuesday 5 January 2010

What's Hot and What's Not - for the week

I may have to do two What's Hot and What's Not's - 2009 I'm saving for tomorrow, but just for now we have
What's Hot
My new magnetic spice pots.  They are currently dotted about over my washing machine as Ikea didn't have the metal strip that they are meant to sit on.  Quite like them on washing machine.  Had to sort spices out - found one from 2006!  Obviously, a job that I don't do enough.

Christmas decorations are cleared away....hurrah...it's funny isn't it that I couldn't wait to put them up but was in an even bigger hurry to get them down.

My bargain Christmas tree, 6ft and gold.  Tis gorgeous.  Cost of £7 reduced from £30 in Sainsbuy's.  If your going to get an artificial tree no point pretending its real... might as well go for something glam.  Going to pimp my decorations next (oooops it's not next is it?  no...it's this year!)

I've bought fabric to make a dress...oh yeah, oh yeah, I'm going to get sewing this year and be super creative. 

What's Not
When I deliberately employ environmental saving tactics by putting my carrots in the trolley loose and the girl at the checkout puts them in a litte seethrough bag anyway and ties a really tight not in the top...and then looks at me blankly when I point out that I'm avoiding plastic bags??!!  Has she never heard of carbon footprint.

The weather - we're expecting about a foot of snow overnight.  It's gonna be chilllllly brrrrrrr

The fact that my phone called someone 8 times all on its own due to fact that it pressing against interior of my handbag....guess who that person was?  None other than Tony from New Years Eve... Epic Cringe Factor.    He sent a text asking me why I'd called so many times and not spoken.  Had to send text explaining that it all a huge mistake. I am not speaking to my phone....how could it do that to me!

My stereo died and has been taken to the tip.  But looking forward to getting something, either ipod based or cute and retro.  Cute and retro me thinks and I shall keep it in the kitchen

My new blinds that I bought in August are still in the cupboard.....must chase ex-husband to come and install them.

Thats all for now folks.  Big day for the new cat tomorrow - she's going to be neutered, thats assuming I can drive, which depends on the weather.  I've bought her a pink leather collar with tiny little flowers round it.  She so beautiful but very bad tempered.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment