Sunday 9 May 2010

Mixed Bag this Weekend!

I've had a rollercoaster of a weekend and am quite glad its over.  I'll start with the good stuff.  First of all, check out the photo of the dress I made for Thing Two last week.  It's made of French Toile from Laura Ashley and cost about £8 to make.  The second photo is of my Luffa plants with their home made wigwams for support made from the chopped down eucalyptus which is still need of removing from garden.  Lets hope they grow some and give me a big harvest of luffa sponges, general idea of growing them is to replace my synthetic sponges and that of my friends and family with something a bit more natural.  I've also been visiting antiques centres all week and have selected the above vase as although its retro, designed by Anita Harris and is called Izzy the Owl, I've been watching antiques programmes for yonks and decided to collect a few pieces as investments for the future. I picked this one up for half the price it would go for currently if I were to auction straight away.  It wont always sit out of the way in my room, this is just temporary till I find a suitable place.  So, I've been pretty domesticated all week and then I hit the town with the Prawn on Friday night which ended in total disaster, now the Prawn always drinks wine to my vodka and it always goes straight to her head and she quite often is twice as drunk as I, Friday was no exception.  We went to a singles night just out of town, it got to about 11:30pm and I could see she was on her way so I put her in the smoking area (not for smoking - but to get her out of club and sat on bench while we waited for taxi) anyway the owner of the club came and told me she'd had an enquiry about me so off I went for 5 minutes to meet suitor.  Came back and the Prawn was gone - turns out she had slumped forward and slid onto floor face first, unfortunately smashing head on concrete floor.  Oh God!!! That was just start of it all, we had to get her from the loos into a soft seating area then wait for an ambulance.  Once at the hospital she was put into a cubicle with a rehydrating drip and we were left till 5am.  I sat in chair and tried to sleep but couldn't. She snored till 4am then woke and had major concussion.  Was like being with totally crazy person.  We had the same conversation about 30 times, which always began with her saying "Why am I here", I'd explain it all and then 5 minutes later she'd ask me again.  I managed to get back to my house at 6:30 am.  What a nightmare.  She seems to be in a place of denial and is telling everyone that her drink had clearly been spiked.  Yeah righto!! I am so glad she is ok though - they kept her in last ngiht and she has some fractures in face but nothing that wont settle.  Major wake up call. Went to visit twice yesterday with various items and will pop and see her tomorrow night. 
On a much lighter note I did The Race for Life today.  Had a brilliant run.  Really enjoyed it.  Just what I needed. 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment