Monday 2 August 2010

Summer hols

I absolutely cannot fathom where all the time has gone!  It's August 1st already and we're a week into the summer holidays.  Summer holidays had a truly horrendous start, on the final day of term I decided to check with the last few mums who hadn't replied to Thing Two's birthday invitation.  I've been getting a very bad vibe off some of these women of late. So it came as no surprse to get a few declines, but to have one of them point blank refuse to discuss invitation with me was rather a shock...she looked shocked that I would even dare speak to her and referred me to the head...
Her "I can't discuss with you, you need to speak to head teacher"
Me "sorry, what you talking about?"  I was in state of total confusion having simply asked if snot face coming to party.
Her "You know, you discussed with Mrs West"
Me "What did I discuss with Mrs West?"
Her " About Thing two hurting snot face"
Me WTF.  Brain went into over drive as I recall several months previous having gone to discuss thing two being bullied by girls in classroom and instead of thing two's issues being addressed I was told that Thing two had given snot face a chinese burn.  I'd pulled appropriately appalled face and gone home where thing two had told me her and snot face had had a tiff in the line to the teacher, snot face had grabbed thing two's arm, so thing two had grabbed snot face's arm,  snot face started crying so teacher told Thing Two to say sorry.  End of story...or so you'd think.  Nope, school still investigating alleged assault.  Snot face mother convinced thing two some kind of deviant monster - also convinced I also some kind of evil wrong doing parent.  I disgusted and flew sobbing wildly to head teachers office where head teacher secretive, facetious and unsupportive.  I complain to school governors about lack of communication (no one told me we were under investigation 3 months down the line, failure to inform me how seriously snot face mother taken this, failure to ask thing two for her side of story, epic failure).  No one is going to vilify my child and not have me to answer to!!! I no accept this. I still deeply offended.  I mean how long does it take to deal with a tiff in a line of 8 yr olds. What planet does snot face mother live on!! She lives Cotton Wool Avenue, Planet Perfect. I phone Parent Line, they nice people. I so much stress I seek counselling.
But that was but day one and since then have taken Thing two and friend, HH camping.  See photo's.  HH more energy than thing two or I put together, lost 2 Lb on weekend playing badminton, cricket and spending whole hour on beach searching for lost car keys...(could only happen to me) they were going to get metal detector at one point but turned out I left keys in car and they laying on desk in campsite office.  Pheeew.  See photo's.
One other thing.  My mother went to Bolivia where she was robbed of camer and glasses.  Am sort of glad she back except that everytime we speak she has mental list of my own list of things to do list and runs through it all wanting to know when I am going to do stuff.  I've told her to stop doing this as it giving me additional unwanted pressure.  Whilst mother in South America running up mountains and looking at historical artefacts it was Fathers Day for some reason I googled bioligical father and found his death notice in his local paper in Taunton, he died 22nd March 2009.  No one told me.  Informed my mother last night on phone and she say "Ooh fancy that".  That was all she had to say. The girls great grandmother also passed away and girls got to go to their first funeral.
I'm putting some photo's on of the good times as its important to focus on them  - Happy days. Camping trip was to Hemsby and Norfolk Broads.  Highlight of weekend was swimming in the sea and having a seal swim past us about 10 foot away.  Awesome.  xx PS I know I should not refer to snot face as snot face but she really is rather snotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment