Wednesday 6 January 2010

What was hot and what was not for the year 2009

Ok brace myself for split summary of last year.
What was not hot
Being burgled - having my laptop and phone nicked from my front room whist away with boyfriend who was converted muslem who had annoying habit of getting exceedingly drunk and quoting stories from the quoran at me whilst listening to very loud hip hop and trying to hug me whilst I drove down the M6 (180 miles of it) in a blizzard.  Barrel of laughs... oh and I fell over in a big puddle landing on my bum.
Having my car vandalised/window smashed whilst it was parked outside friends house, they took nothing as there was nothing to take..so why bother..what's the matter with people? Total laughter riot...
Being in a confined space in a cabin on a ferry between the islands of Lanzarote and Tenerife with two spectacularly badly behaved children hellbent on killing each other - well we're all still here but wow that was not good.
Secret Lover teaming up with a friend and the consequential fall out that ensued.  The less said about that the better. 
Discovering that Secret Lover was not just Secret Lover but also Secret Hitler fan as well.  Secrets are bad.  People with secrets could be concealing other things as well.  Bad things.  

What was hot
Barbados - take me back....now!!!  Want to feel the sand between my toes and swim with the turtles
The Black Eyed Peas...want them in my bed with me
Mums Wedding - most momentous occasion
My party - that was good too...but not doing another one.
The Summer Ball - loved it!! Top people over at High Wych
Tracey's birthday party - think it was good....from what I can remember
My ever growing book collection
Work - well do you ever read my complaining about that?...that's cos its all good
My new blog - shame bout the old one, but starting afresh is ok, just felt weird at first
Me - I am hot and very very fortunate to be in a position to do any of the above. Thank you , thank you, thank you!

Of course I could write more in each section but you'll just have to read the blog as it's all recorded here.  My experience dumping area.  Just in case I should ever lose my memory.  Or, get flattened  by big red truck...then my children would still have a pretty good sense of me.
And in case you're wondering about the cat...of course you weren't, but anyhow, we got the snow we were expecting and I had to cancel the cat appointment.  Have had lot of spare time today and have begun reading new book see link.  Have got 2 other nice new books winging themselves to me from Amazon...will report on them when they arrive.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment